Saturday, December 3, 2011

Welcome to Citizen Idealist!

I never pictured myself as one of "those people" that blogged. I didn't think I had enough time to keep up with it, or didn't have anything to share, or was scared of what other people would think. But I recently finished a masters degree, leaving me with the necessary requirements for the construction of prose: (1) lots of free time, (2) an interesting/controversial topic on which I have many opinions, (3) no money (blogging is free!).

 Though I may go off-topic once in awhile, the majority of this blog will deal with issues pertinent to my degree in international development and gender. That means it will cover everything from the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan to the Campaign for Female Education (CAMFED). It will cover issues of women at work, women at play, women at home.  It will cover topics that address the struggle for women's rights in places where they are wholeheartedly denied and places where they are wholeheartedly embraced. There is no one question this blog is trying to answer, but it is simply a further exploration of the ideas I struggled with during my studies. Nor is this a one-way conversation, as that would only lead to the belief that there is only one opinion on these topics, which is simply not true! This is an open conversation. Although the issue of women in development has been on the international agenda for many years, there is still so far to go. We may not have the answers, but let's keep talking.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment